Protect your best friend with Finding Rover app
We have partnered with Finding Rover, a free mobile app that helps pet owners find their lost dogs in real-time using facial recognition technology.
Animal Services' database of dogs is integrated into the Finding Rover mobile app, so users who download the app and register their pets can then search for found dogs who may currently be at the Pet Adoption and Protection Center.
All you have to do is post your dog as lost. Registered users within a 10-mile radius will be notified, and if anyone sees your dog, all they have to do is take a picture of your dog and the app's facial recognition technology will do a search. The person who found the lost dog can call or text message the owner and arrange to have the dog back home.
The benefits of the app include
- Easy to register: Registration is easy through Facebook and email – all you need is a picture of your dog and a ZIP code.
- Easy to use: Anyone with a mobile phone can take a photo of a lost dog, which will be instantly posted on Finding Rover.
- Technologically advanced: Finding Rover spent two years with The University of Utah research and development department creating its proprietary facial recognition technology. Finding Rover has the only technology that instantly recognizes a dog on the spot.
- Social: Finding Rover unites dog owners based on common interests and provides a forum for users to read up on the latest dog news, share content and interact.
- Free! Finding Rover is free to download.