311 Contact Center
Ways to Contact Us
By dialing 311 or 305-468-5900 you can get get one-on-one personal customer service in English, Spanish or Creole. You can call Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on Sunday & holidays.
You can report neighborhood problems and code violations to the 311 Contact Center Online. Attach a photo of the problem, submit relevant details, and choose to either remain anonymous or provide your contact info for follow-up.
311Direct is a mobile application which enables the residents of Miami-Dade County to report neighborhood problems and code violations to the 311 Contact Center on-the-go! The app. is available for download for both Apple and Droid devices.
We are available to answer your questions or take reports for you via email. Just provide us with the information and we will take it from there. We will give you the Service Request number or provide you the answers to your questions.
Most Requested Services
The standard waste cart can be exchanged for a smaller 35-gallon or 65-gallon cart. If your cart is stolen, call the police department to get a case number. You can order an extra waste cart for $79.50.
Stray dogs can be reported to Animal Services (stray cat reports not accepted). The department will attempt to pick up the stray dog within 24 hours. If the dog is on any expressway, please call FHP at *347.
The standard recycling cart can be exchanged for a smaller 35-gallon or larger 95-gallon cart. If your cart is stolen, call the police department to get a case number. You may request one extra cart for free.
Each pet has an account assigned to them when they receive their rabies vaccination and license for the first time. If your pet is lost, passed away, moved or given away, you should update your account to prevent getting a citation.
Call Specialists can initiate service requests for different types of services provided by the County or the City of Miami.
- The fastest way to report neighborhood problems and code violations is by using your smart phone and the 311Direct mobile app.
- Or, just send us a tweet!
Other ways to reach 311 by phone311 can be reached by dialing 305-468-5900. You may not be able to dial 311 directly if you:
- Live outside Miami-Dade County.
- Some cable companies such as uVerse and Comcast have not activated direct dialing to 311.
- Some mobile phone carriers do not recognize 311.
What kind of information does 311 provide?Anything you want to know about local government services:
- Who is my Commissioner?
- Where is the closest bus stop near my house?
- What events are happening this weekend at County parks?
- Where can I get a Transit Easy Card?
- Where is the nearest Trash and Recycling Center and when is it open?
- When is the next election?
- How do I get Homestead Exemption?
What type of services can the public get through 311?Examples of Service Requests include:
- Order a replacement recycling cart.
- Ask for a pothole to be repaired.
- Trip planning services for Miami-Dade Transit.
- Report a neighborhood code violation like overgrown lots or junk and trash piles.
- Report an issue with a traffic sign or traffic signal.
The 311 Contact Center provides a fast, simple and convenient way for you to get information about non-emergency government services and information in three languages. In addition to call taking, customers of the Contact Center can also initiate service requests via a mobile application, by email or online. The center also accepts property tax payments and manages customer feedback.
The 311 Service Centers are strategically located across Miami-Dade County: the South Dade Justice Center, North Dade Justice Center and Permitting and Inspection Center in west Miami-Dade. The Service Centers are face-to-face service providers of dog licenses, transit passes, baby stroller permits and other County products. The public can also open a service requests with a customer service specialist at any one of the three locations.