Find a bounty of local produce and products at Government Center on Nov. 19
Enjoy local products from the Redlands in the lobby of the Stephen P. Clark Center on Tuesday, Nov. 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Attend the Strategic Plan for Economic Development Meeting
The meeting will discuss efforts to revitalize the south Miami-Dade County community on Nov. 20.
Prepare for King Tides in coastal and low-lying areas
King Tides normally occur a few times per year and often cause nuisance flooding in coastal and low-lying areas.
Volunteer to restore endangered lands
Help clean environmentally-endangered lands and bring them back to life. Collectively, we can make Miami-Dade County greener.
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and sustainability initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.