- Back up critical computer data and store it off premises
- Make a complete inventory of your business and take plenty of picture
- Make sure employee emergency contact information is up to date, and that you have an employee communication plan in place, which includes a designated out of town phone number where employees can check in and receive company information.
- Create procedures for hurricanes so employees will know what to do and post them in advance
- Protect electronic equipment from possible water damage
- Have extra cash and blank checks in case extra money is needed after the storm
- Establish a temporary location for business operations in case your facility is damaged
- Identify a safe room for employees who must remain in the buildin
- Give employees enough time to secure their homes and families.
- Secure the building and items that cannot be brought inside
Leaving Miami-Dade County
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.