Documents to bring to a Free Tax Prep session
When you visit a free tax preparation site, be sure to bring the following items with you on the day of service:
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Original (no copies) of Social Security Cards for taxpayer, spouse if married, and any dependents being claimed.
- ITIN applications and renewals are free when you file a federal tax return
- Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse (must be a Driver’s License, state-issued ID card, or other official document).
- All W-2’s for all places worked in 2018.
- Voided check or savings account number on a bank document for direct deposit.
- If you received a Premium Tax Credit in 2018 through the Affordable Care Act marketplace (Obamacare), form 1095-A.
If applicable, please also bring the following items:
- Copies of any 1099’s issued.
- Bank account interest year-end statements.
- Student loan interest statement.
- Proof of child care expenses paid (statement from provider with EIN# or Social Security number).
- Statement of post-secondary education tuition expenses paid.
- Social Security year-end statements.
- Any other documents related to taxes.
- Copy of 2018 taxes.
If you are itemizing your deductions, pleasae bring the following:
- Copies of 2018 mortgage interest statements.
- Real estate taxes statement.
- Proof of charitable donations.
- Statement of work-related expenses.
- Auto registration and taxes paid in 2018.
United Way Center for Financial Stability
3195 SW 3 Avenue
Miami, FL 33129
11500 NW 12 Avenue
Miami, FL 33168
129 SW 5 Avenue
Florida City, FL 33034