Veterinary Clinics & Pet DealersBulk Orders
Veterinary clinics and pet dealers can request bulk tags on consignment.
Tag on Consignment Request
Upon receiving your order, please make sure to verify the information on your consignment form matches the items delivered. A five-day window is provided to report any shortage. After the five-day period, missing tags will be invoiced at the full value they represent. The fee will only be waived if it is accompanied by a police report noting theft of inventory.
Use the Returned Tags form to return any obsolete licenses once new fiscal year licenses are issued. Returned tags are to be forwarded no later than the first of November of each year.
All unaccounted licenses will be invoiced at the full value.
The one-year rabies tag, at $30 for a sterilized dog and $60 for an intact dog, is not changing. Dog owners may chose to continue to purchase a tag each year.
- License expiration date will coincide with the one-year vaccine expiration date regardless of license purchase date.
The three-year tag is gold and can only be purchased at the time the three year vaccine is given. Stations that do not administer the three-year vaccine are not required to carry the three-year tag. As such, you may return the box the tags to our office. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for its pickup. The tag number is prefixed with the letter "T." The cost is three times the fee of the one-year tag for a total of $90 for a sterilized dog and $180 for an intact dog.
Veterinary clinics may charge up to a 20 percent surcharge per license tag sold.
The following information must be included on the rabies certificate:
- Specific age of the animal (not an age range).
- Breed name (can not be listed as mixed, i.e. Shepherd Mix, Doberman Mix, or Canine).
- Color (can not be listed as mixed/specify black & tan).
- Issue and expiration date of the rabies vaccine.
- Vaccine manufacturer and vile serial number.
- Date license was issued (if different from vaccine issuance date).
- Whether the pet is sterilized or not.
- Fee charged for license.
- Pet name.
- Owner name.
- Mailing address; P.O. Box not accepted.
- Phone number.
It is essential that this information is recorded accurately. This information is vital in the reunification of lost pets with their owners, ensures accurate pet account information, prevents duplicate accounts and erroneous citations from being issued and mailed to compliant and responsible pet owners.
Death Certificates are to be included as part of the Monthly Accounting Report (MAR) submittals. A death certificate template is provided for your convenience.
Monthly Accounting Reports
To order Monthly Accounting Reports (MAR), please call 305-418-7139 or email email@example.com with your request.
- MARs are to be submitted by the 10th of each month whether a transaction has been made or not.
- List the sequence of licenses issued in numerical order.
- List all lost or stolen licenses with value.
- List all sold licenses per type and total dollar amount.
- Rabies certificates should be attached and sorted by type of licenses issued.
Regulation & Compliance
Mail / Email
ATTN: Tag Unit
Miami-Dade Animal Services
3599 NW 79 Ave.
Doral FL 33122
Locations and Hours
Pet Adoption and Protection Center3599 NW 79 Avenue, Doral, FL 33122
Monday8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Tuesday10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.Wednesday10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.Thursday10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.Friday10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.Saturday9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Sunday9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.