Now is the perfect time to think about your future. Even if you’re not a senior, you could be eligible for benefits.
Take these Five Steps toward Your Financial Security.
1. Get to know your Social Security — You and Social Security are on a journey for life, but there is so much you may not know about the benefits and services provided. Social Security delivers financial security to millions of children and adults before retirement, including the chronically ill, children of deceased parents and wounded warriors.
2. Verify your earnings — Your benefits are calculated using your employment records. Use your personal my Social Security account to verify your earnings are recorded accurately
3. Estimate your benefits — With a Retirement Estimator, you can estimate your future retirement or disability benefits based on your actual earnings record. This can be invaluable as you plan for your future.
4. Apply for benefits — Apply for retirement, Medicare or disability benefits online.
5. Manage your benefits — Social Security puts you in control by offering convenient and secure services that fit your needs. Verify you personal information, get a benefit verification letter and even start or change direct deposit of your benefits.
Sign on or create your online Social Security account