This Memorial Day on Monday, May 28, we remember and honor the sacrifices of men and women who served to preserve our freedom. Take a look at some activities you can enjoy during the holiday, and tips to ensure a safe Memorial Day weekend.
- Transit will be running on a Sunday schedule.
- Waste and recycling collection services and facilities will operate under normal operating hours.
- Miami-Dade County Libraries will be closed Sunday, May 27 and Monday, May 28.
- The Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed May 28. Cats being presented for Trap, Neuter, Return Services must be dropped off Friday, May 25 in order to allow for proper recovery from sterilization and safe return to the community prior to the holiday. Regular services will resume Tuesday, May 29.
Events and Activities
- Salute to Heroes Week May 21-28
Military, veterans and first responders receive free admission to Miami Seaquarium, plus 50% off for up to four family members.
- Honor the Brave May 25-31
Active military, veterans and first responders receive free admission with a valid photo I.D.
- National Salute to America's Heroes Air & Sea Show May 26-27
The two-day affair includes a Display Village, boat races, a hover board demonstration, and four hours of military-might-display up in the clouds. The event starts at 9 a.m. at Lummus Park South Beach.
- Memorial Day BBQ at Pérez Art Museum Miami May 28
PAMM kicks off its participation in Blue Star Museums with a Memorial Day BBQ. Enjoy live music and barbecue food and refreshments on the terrace.
Traffic and Safety Tips