Celebrate our nation's independence with family and friends on Wednesday, July 4. With fireworks, barbecues and festivities, what more could you ask for? Take a look at the following patriotic activities going on throughout Miami-Dade County during the Fourth of July holiday.
County Services and Facilities
- Miami-Dade County offices are closed Wednesday, July 4.
- Recycling will be collected as normal.
- Transportation services will run on a Sunday schedule.
- The Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed on Wednesday, July 4. Cats being presented for Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) Services must be dropped off no later than Saturday, June 30 in order to allow for proper recovery from sterilization and safe return to the community prior to the holiday.
- Libraries are closed.
Activities & Events
- Celebrate America's birthday at Black Point Park and Marina on July 4. Come celebrate the nation's birthday with an all-American day at the park followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
- America's Birthday Bash returns to Bayfront Park in Downtown Miami July 4 with live music, a Kids' Zone — and fireworks that begin at 9 p.m.
- Take advantage of golf specials and squeeze in a round before watching fireworks. Book a tee time online or call 1-855-GOLF-305.
- Planning on taking the boat out? Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alerts for text messages about boat ramp closures and re-openings sent to your phone.
- To be safe for the holidays, remember the Three A's of Crime Prevention: Be Aware of Your Surroundings, Be Alert to Suspicious People and Vehicles, Avoid Dangerous Situations.
- Check out Miami-Dade Fire Rescue's fireworks safety tips.
- Here are some safety tips for our four-legged friends who want to join in the fun as well.