The Office of Film and Entertainment is launching a local TV/film and digital entertainment production incentive program. The program intends to help support individual film and entertainment projects that will benefit the industry workforce and boost the local economy.
The rebate for qualifying productions would be a maximum of $100,000 per project. Each project’s eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis, and each project/grant agreement will be require approval by the Board of County Commissioners. Grants will only be disbursed after the project is completed and proof that all requirements were satisfied has been submitted.
Productions will have to meet certain requirements to benefit from the program. Among those are the following:
- The production must spend at least $1,000,000 in Miami-Dade County on payroll (for Miami-Dade County residents only) and other expenditures.
- At least 70% of the entire production project must be produced in Miami-Dade County.
- Each production project is required to hire a minimum of 50 main cast and crew (employees) that are Miami-Dade County residents and must include at least one student/recent graduate who is enrolled at or recently graduated from a local college or university.
- Salaries for Miami-Dade County residents hired must be a minimum of the current living wage as defined by County law.
- At least 80 percent of vendors utilized on the production project must be Miami-Dade County-based registered businesses.