Labor Day, observed Sept. 3, recognizes the contributions of American workers of all industries to our country's economy. Miami-Dade County offices and courts will be closed for the holiday.
Take a look at County services affected and some helpful tips for a fun, and safe, holiday. If you're planning to spend time outdoors, don't let mosquitoes ruin your long weekend.
County Services and Facilities:
- Solid Waste Management will be running regular garbage and recycling pick-up services.
- Transportation services will run on a Sunday schedule. Metrobus routes that provide only weekday service, such as the I-95 Express routes, will not run on Monday, Sept. 3.
- The Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed on Monday, Sept. 3. Cats being presented for Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) Services must be dropped off no later than Friday, Aug. 31 in order to allow for proper recovery from sterilization and safe return to the community prior to the holiday.
- Miami-Dade County is currently working to combat the Zika virus. Protect yourself and property from the potentially serious diseases that mosquitoes carry. Learn about the importance of Drain and Cover to reduce the mosquito nuisance, and remember to apply repellent.
- Planning on taking the boat out? Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alerts for text messages about boat ramp closures and re-openings sent to your phone.
- To be safe for the holidays, remember the Three A's of Crime Prevention: Be Aware of Your Surroundings, Be Alert to Suspicious People and Vehicles, Avoid Dangerous Situations.