Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM Notice) had been mailed to Miami-Dade property owners on August 24, 2017. Included in the TRIM Notice is a guide that explains how proposed taxes are calculated and an Informal Assessment Review Form to be completed by those property owners who believe their property may have been over assessed.
The Notice has important information about each individual property, including:
- The property’s assessed value as of January 1, 2017
- Any exemptions applied to the property
- The proposed taxes calculated based on the taxing authorities’ proposed millage rates
- The dates, times, and venues of budget hearings for each of the taxing authorities
Also included with the TRIM Notice is a letter from Property Appraiser Garcia that lists four upcoming outreach events, which provide property owners with the opportunity to personally meet with the Property Appraiser and his staff.
The dates and locations of the outreach events are as follows:
- Sept. 5, 2017 at 5:30 pm, West Dade Regional Library, 9445 SW 24 Street, Miami, FL 33165
- Sept. 12, 2017 at 5:30 pm, Milander Center, 4800 Palm Ave, Hialeah, FL 33012
- Sept. 18, 2017 at 5:30 pm, North Dade Regional Library, 2455 NW 183 St, Miami Gardens, FL 33056