This annual, non-stop petstravaganza is back at Tropical Park and bigger and better than last year. The fun starts on Friday night, Oct. 18 at 11:59 p.m. and comes to a close on Saturday night, Oct. 19 at 11:59 p.m.
Pet lovers will have an opportunity to connect, fall in love with and adopt one or more of over 300 shelter dog and cats.
Fees are waived when you adopt:
- Adult dogs (new owner only responsible for the dog license)
- Cats and kittens
Puppies are available for adoption at the regular fee.
The festival will be packed with these activities and more:
- Food trucks (Friday evening & Saturday)
- Beer Garden featuring samples from Biscayne Bay Brewing Company (Friday evening)
- Appearances by the Miami Heat dancers and Burnie (Saturday)
- Free kids zone with a carousel, ferris wheel and bounce houses (Friday evening & Saturday)
- Farmer’s market (Saturday)
- Live music
- PetSmart, Red Bull, Cielito Artisan Pops and other companies will be providing free giveaways for adopters while supplies last
More exciting participants and activities will be added, so keep checking back.
“Over the years, the Mega Match-A-Thon has evolved from an event to a full-blown festival,” said Alex Muñoz, Director of Miami-Dade Animal Services. “We encourage the public to drop by any time between the kickoff at 11:59 p.m. on Friday evening and all throughout the day on Saturday.”
The festival will be located on the parking lot at the north end of Tropical Park visible from Bird Road, 7900 SW 40th Street, Miami.
All pets adopted are spayed or neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. Also, the adoptable pets at the festival will be housed in air-conditioned tents for their comfort. Start looking for your perfect match now with the pet search tool.
For more information, email email@example.com, call 311 or message us on social media @AdoptMiamiPets.Watch Mega Match-a-Thon video