The Miami-Dade Police Department has reopened the police officer position until Jan. 1, 2018. If you have applied previously, you must re-apply to job opening 47474 to be considered. Non-certified, certified and lateral applicants are invited to apply.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Be at least 20 years old and 21 years old at the time of hire and have a high school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign school diploma may be required.
- Associate's degree or at least 60 college credits; or 2 years of active or reserve military duty; or 3 years of continuous full-time post-high school work experience; or 1 year of full-time sworn law enforcement experience.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement. Any person who after July 1, 1981 pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have good moral character.
- Successfully pass a background investigation, to include drug testing.
- Pass a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Pass the Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT).
- Complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) administered at the Miami Dade College School of Justice (North Campus).
Read the job opening post for salary specifications and additional qualifications for certified and lateral applicants.Apply now