County offices and libraries will be closed Monday, Jan. 21.
- The Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21. Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) Services will be closed from Thursday, Jan. 17 through Jan. 21. Services will resume Tuesday, Jan. 22.
- Solid Waste Management will not collect curbside garbage or trash Monday, Jan. 21. Curbside recycling will take place on that day but some of our facilities will be closed.
- Miami‑Dade Libraries will be closed Sunday, Jan. 20 and Monday, Jan. 21.
- Miami-Dade Transit will operate on a regular schedule.
MLK Day Events
- 36th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 5K Run Walk - Jan. 21
The race starts at 8 a.m. at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Metrorail Station at 6205 NW 27th Avenue and benefits Miami-Dade Police Youth Explorers. From there, attend the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Parade that kicks off at Northwest 54th Street. Register now.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Parade - Jan. 21
Miami celebrates with the annual MLK Jr. Parade in Liberty City. The parade takes place along Northwest 54th Street, from Northwest 10th Avenue to Northwest 32nd Avenue. The Pan-African & Caribbean Family Festival immediately follows at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park. Parade-goers can expect high school marching bands, athletes, cheerleaders, floats, cars and fire trucks with local politicians. For more information, call 305-857-8246.
- Candlelight Vigil in North Miami in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - Jan. 16
Salute the work and the vision of Dr. King through spoken word, song and dance at the Museum of Contemporary Art's Plaza.
- I Have a Dream: Music from the African-American Tradition - Jan. 20
Soar with Seraphic Fire’s soul-stirring performance of African-American spirituals. The event will be at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center and will begin at 4 p.m.
- MLK Day of Service Event at Arcola Lakes Park - Jan. 19
Commemorate Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy of service by participating in this great volunteer service day. Event check-in opens at 8:30 a.m., event will kick-off at 9 a.m. Register now.
- YMCA - 15th Annual MLK Day of Service - Jan. 21
Make your day off a “day on” by giving back to the community through a meaningful project. Become a sponsor or volunteer.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service - Jan. 21
Join City Year to help turn school into more engaging, educational places for students by revitalizing Madison Middle School in Doral. Event registration begins at 8 a.m.