The Miami-Dade Public Library System is seeking volunteer tutors for Project L.E.A.D. (Literacy for Every Adult in Dade). No previous teaching experience is necessary.
To qualify, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate
- Be willing to complete and pass a fingerprint and background check
- Complete a free one-day Basic Tutor Workshop (registration required), or be certified as a Proliteracy Worldwide, Laubach Literacy Tutor and present certification.
Upcoming tutor training workshops:
- Saturday, June 2, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
North Dade Regional
- Saturday, June 16, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
South Dade Regional
To register for a workshop or for more information, call 305-375-5323 or send an email.Learn more