In honor of National Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the Miami-Dade County Asian American Advisory Board, under the Office of Community Advocacy invites you to various celebratory performances and events. All events are free.
- AAPI Heritage Month Celebration - May 6 at 11 a.m.
See cultural performances with the Florida Asian Services and North Miami Beach Senior Club at North Miami Beach McDonald Senior Center, 17051 NE 19th Avenue, in North Miami Beach.
- Kickoff Celebration - May 7 at noon.
See cultural performances from China, India, Iran, Japan, South Korea and Thailand at the Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1st Street, Lobby. Afterwards, support the Young Pillars Award Scholarship by visiting the Food Trucks.
- 10 Days of Connection: Ask an Asian - May 9 at 7 p.m.
Cultivating connectivity with Asian-American panelists with the National Association of Asian American Professionals - Miami at Venture Cafe Miami, 1951 NW 7th Avenue, in Miami.
- Transportation Camp Florida - May 9 & 10 at 7:30 a.m. (Registration required)
#SmartMiami presents a 2 day program of groundbreaking tours, best practices about the future of transportation at Akerman LLP, 98 SE 7th Street, in Miami.
- Asian American Advisory Board General Meeting - May 14 at 6 p.m.
Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1st Street, 10th Floor, in Miami.
- AAPI Heritage Month Arts and Craft Show - May 17 at 9 a.m.
Enjoy sampling of Asian arts, crafts and cuisine at the Miami Veterans Affairs Hospital, 1201 NW 16th Street, in Miami.
- AAPI Heritage Month Celebration - May 23 at noon.
See cultural performances from China, India, Japan, South Korea and Thailand at the Miami Veterans Affairs Hospital, 1201 NW 16th Street, in Miami.
- South Florida Asian Culture Youth Talent Show - May 25 at 2 p.m.
Promoting teaching of Chinese, encouraging youth to develop skills in all areas and enriching community life in South Florida with Confucius Institute at Miami Dade College, Chinese Language Teacher Association - Florida Chapter and CASEC at Miami Dade College Kendall Campus, Auditorium 6120, 11011 SW 104th Street, in Miami.
For additional information, call Joshua Ho, Program Director from the Asian American Advisory Board at 305-375-1570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org