In support of the Keep Miami-Dade County Beautiful initiative, the Miami-Dade County Departments of Solid Waste Management and Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces, through Neat Streets Miami, have partnered with OUR community to combat and prevent littering in our neighborhoods and public spaces.
The negative consequences of littering include:
- Trash and garbage on our open spaces creates an eyesore that can't be ignored.
- Litter pollutes our roadways and neighborhood walkways.
- Debris from litter often ends up in storm drains and directly into waterways thus endangering our wildlife and harming our natural resources.
- Street flooding occurs when litter clogs storm drains.
- Neighborhoods with trash and garbage not only look dirty and smell bad, but can also lower property values.
- Fines may be imposed for people caught in the act of littering.
Put it in the bin. It's the law. Together, let's clean things up!
Read more about the Let's Clean Things Up initiative and how you can help.Sign up to receive information on future events