High school students are encouraged to use their creative writing skills, and imagination to submit a 20 to 30 second public service announcement that demonstrates the "Value of Water" and how essential it is to your daily life or "Think Before you Flush" regarding items that are a hazard to the sewer system.
The first-place video will be played at local theaters during the summer of 2019. The top 3 videos will be posted on the department's website and social media channels. The videos may also be used in department advertising.
- The video file needs to be in a .wmv, .mp4 or .mov format and uploaded to the online form.
- It can be created by one or up to 5 students.
- If music is included in the video, it must be royalty free.
- Do not use any plastic water bottles in the video. If you would like to receive a Miami-Dade Water and Sewer water bottle, send an email to email@example.com.
- Students who enter the "Think Before you Flush" theme and win in the top 3 will be considered to enter the Florida Water Environment Association (FWEA) unflushable video contest.
- Relevance to the Theme
- Storytelling Impact
- Quality of Presentation
Submit your entry by Dec. 10, 2018.
For more information, call 786-552-8199.Submit your video