Drivers traveling along some of the Miami-Dade County’s busiest roads are saving time on their daily commute thanks to new adaptive smart traffic signals the Department of Transportation and Public Works recently installed along certain corridors.
These are the time-savings results for the following corridors with adaptive-signal technology:
- SW 27th Avenue - from Bayshore Drive to Tamiami Trail (10.13 percent)
- Le Jeune Road - from Tamiami Trail to Bird Road (9.52 percent)
- NW 41st Street - from Ronald Reagan Turnpike to Galloway Road (9.15 percent)
- NW 163rd Street - from NE 19 Avenue to NW 2 Avenue (7.38 percent)
- Flagler Street - from Le Jeune Road to Milam Dairy Road (3.48 percent)
Miami-Dade is working to upgrade the rest of the traffic signal system, which includes approximately 3,000 signalized intersections. Improvements will include smart signals and Transit Signal Priority.Read the news release