The Online Checkbook lets you search County payments and disbursements for goods or services -- such as equipment, fuel, architectural and engineering services -- and other miscellaneous disbursements such as distribution of tax revenues and refunds (e.g. refunds for water service deposit).
Data is available from October 1, 2006 to end of prior month for all County departments except Miami-Dade County Aviation and Miami-Dade County Water & Sewer Departments. Aviation and Water & Sewer Department data is available from October 1, 2007 to prior month. Data is uploaded monthly.
Things to know before you start your search
- Payments & Disbursements can be searched by payee name, payment date, amount, and/or disbursement number
- Wait for your results. Please be patient as you may experience a longer wait time if a large number of results are being retrieved.
- Be aware of exemptions. This search excludes data and information that are confidential, private or protected under state and federal laws. See below for a list of exemptions.
- Search results may not be used as a substitute for a public records request. If you would like to make a public records request to obtain official Miami-Dade County records, please contact us.
How to use the Online Checkbook
What is a disbursement and how is it different than a payment?
- A disbursement is money paid out of a fund, in this case, the County's, for goods, services, taxes, or distribution of tax revenues; for example, when the County pays for office supplies, security guard services, IRS taxes, or gives Miami-Dade Public Schools their share of the collected revenue from taxes.
- A payment is usually a narrower view of the outlay of funds, normally, only for good, services and taxes.
How do I use the search fields?
- Payee name: Search by entering all or the beginning of the payee name. It is recommended that as much of the desired payee name is entered. There might be multiple variations of the same name and/or the searched name can appear in multiple formats, e.g. first name, last name; last name, first name, middle initial.
- Payment date: Enter a range of dates. The system will default to the last disbursement date in the database on the beginning and end dates (From and To); you must change the beginning date to your desired search range. Remember that the data loaded, is as of the date on the top of the Search Criteria page. You may enter the date in month/date/year format or use the calendar icon provided.
- Amount: You may enter a specific amount or request a range. If you search by amount, you have to specify from and to amounts even if they are the same.
- Disbursement Number: You may enter a specific disbursement number, or request a range. If you search by disbursement number, you have to specify from and to numbers even if they are the same.
What shows in the disbursements inquiry results page?
- Payee Name: The name as it appears in the disbursement/payment document
- Payment Date: Date the disbursement/payment was issued
- Disbursement Number: The check, direct deposit/automatic clearing house (ACH) or wire transfer number
- Amount: This is the amount of the disbursement/payment
- VOID: If the word “VOID” appears after the amount column it indicates that the disbursement in that line has been canceled by Miami-Dade County
What about sorting results?
All inquiry results can be resorted by clicking on the column titles.
How do I know if my results do not fit in one page?
If there are additional pages of data, the current page number along with the estimated number of pages will be displayed on the right side of the screen. At the bottom of each inquiry results page, you will find the navigation links listed below.
- “Top” navigates to the first page of the results
- “Bottom” navigates to the last page of the results
- “Page up” navigates to the previous page of the results
- “Page down” navigates to the next page of the results
Please note that, except for some of the reports published under the County's Financial Reports, the data or information contained on this website is unaudited and unconsolidated. Users should not rely on the accuracy or completeness of the data or information for any purpose except personal knowledge.
This website excludes data and information that are confidential, private or protected under state and federal laws. Exemptions from disbursement disclosure in the Online Checkbook are made for the Miami-Dade Police Department and the Office of the Inspector General. These exemptions are covered under the following Florida Statutes:
Whistleblower active investigation Whistleblower identity of complainant Active criminal investigative and intelligence information Information on surveillance techniques, procedures or personnel Audits