Miami-Dade County recognizes and appreciates the rights of all members of our online community to free speech and freedom of expression. This page and all comments posted, however, are regularly monitored by administrators and, while comments will not be edited by County personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the social media policy described here.
Comments should be related to the posted topic for the social media page or post. The social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or for service requests. For general comments or communications concerning a department, please contact 311 or on Twitter at @miamidade311.
The following is prohibited on all Miami-Dade County social media pages:
- The use of obscene, crude, defamatory, threatening, sexually prurient or harassing language.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that advocate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Personally identifiable information; material of a sexually prurient nature; commercial solicitations unless on behalf of the County.
- Statements that endanger public health, safety and security or statements that encourage, provide advice for or solicit the commission of a criminal act.
- Content that violates intellectual property or copyright laws.
- Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.