Phase 1 of allowing the reopening of certain businesses began on May 18, 2020. Non-essential businesses can open with stringent capacity and safety rules in place.
While designated businesses will be permitted to open, they are not required to open. Furthermore, if current conditions change, this date may be moved out. Once we move into the Yellow flag phase, if we experience a surge in cases, we may be required to return to the Orange flag phase. Should this happen, we will communicate this to the community with adequate time to prepare prior to the effective date.
Points in bold MUST be followed; other recommendations are strongly suggested.
- Emergency Order 30-20 HTML | PDF
- Emergency Order 28-20 HTML | PDF
- Amendment 1 to Emergency Order 28-20 HTML | PDF
- Exhibit B: Attestation of compliance with Miami-Dade County's reopening guidelines following establishment closure
- Exhibit C: Outdoor dining regulations and required building permits
- Emergency Order 25-20 HTML | PDF
- Emergency Order 24-20 HTML | PDF
- Read the report: The New Normal - A Guide for Residents and Commercial Establishments
- Send a question or a suggestion about the New Normal Guide to email@example.com
The color flag identification system below will be used to communicate each day where we are on the continuum of the New Normal. Depending upon the situation, we may take intermediate steps between these phases, but knowing what color phase we are in will help you navigate your activities.