From winter break camps, to consumer and safety tips, to fun things to do with the whole family – our Winter Holiday Guide will lighten your load and brighten your spirits.
Are you planning a getaway or expecting visitors? We've wrapped it all up for you and tied it in a little bow.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- Miami-Dade Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule Jan. 1. Metrorail and Metromover services will be extended until 2 a.m. on Jan. 1.
- Solid Waste Management did not collect curbside garbage or recyclable materials for customers scheduled on Dec. 25. Waste collection for Tuesday customers will take place on their next regularly scheduled collection day Friday, Dec. 28. The makeup day for recycling pickup will be Saturday, Dec. 29. The department will operate on a normal schedule Jan. 1.
- Miami-Dade Public Libraries will be closed Jan. 1. All branches that are normally open on Mondays will be open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 with the exception of the Sunny Isles Beach Branch which will be open from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and the Civic Center Branch which will be open from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Animal Services will be closed Jan. 1. Sterilization services stopped on Sunday, Dec. 23 and will resume on Monday, Jan. 7 at the Doral location. Trap-Neuter-Return services will be closed Jan. 1. For more information, call 311.
- Pets are Priceless
Animal Services is waiving adoption fees until Dec. 31. Stop by the Pet Adoption and Protection Center or any of our mobile and off-site adoption events and connect with, adopt and fall in love with an adorable pet.
- Zoo Lights at Zoo Miami
Enjoy the dazzling lights, carousel rides and photos with Santa Claus at the Zoo. Zoo Lights takes place every Friday and Saturday in December, plus from Dec. 26-30, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Winter Break Camps
Programs will thrill and challenge youngsters, ages 6-14, with a variety of activities from fitness and sports to games and exciting field trips. Camps run from Dec. 26-28 and Jan. 2-4. Register online.
- Zoo Miami Winter Camps
Combining education with entertainment, kids ages 4-12 will enjoy learning about our animals, wildlife and environmental conservation. Camps runs from Dec. 26-28 and Jan. 2-4. Register online.
- Worldwide New Year's Eve VIP Food & Wine Party featuring Pitbull
Tickets for the Dec. 31 bash start at $295 and include food, wine, spirits, a midnight champagne toast and views of a performance by Pitbull. The party begins at 8 p.m.
Travel smart with these handy tips to get you on your way with a little less headache.
- Airport Security - Know before you go what's allowed and what's not.
- Real-time Flight Tracker - Check your flight's status before jetting off to the airport.
- Cruise season - New ships, new lines at PortMiami
- Take the train to the plane - At only $2.25 each way and $4.50 a day for long-term parking, you'll be raving about the savings.
- Baby Stroller Permits
After a hectic day of holiday shopping with your munchkin, wouldn't it be nice to have a parking space nearby where you can unload? A Baby Stroller Permit costs only $35 and replacement permits are $15. Permits are vaild until your child turns 3 years old.
- Zoo Miami Membership
Skip long lines and get discounts on food, drinks, gifts and other benefits at Zoo Miami.
- HistoryMiami Membership
A one-year membership entitles you to free year-round admission, discounts to special events and city tours, a 10 percent discount at the gift shop and more.
- PAMM Membership
A membership at the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) guarantees free museum admission, discount at the PAMM shop and a great opportunity to enjoy events and amazing exhibitions.
- Annual Pet Blanket Drive
Pets need some presents as well. Help keep cats and dogs in shelters warm and comfortable during their stay by donating your new or gently used blankets.
- United Way of Miami-Dade
Make a tax-deductible donation to the services that matter most to you. Celebrate the spirit of the holiday by giving back to your community through a donation to United Way of Miami-Dade County. Learn how you can help.
- Animal Services Foster Parent Program
Have you ever considered fostering a dog or cat in need of a home? Fostering adoptable animals to live in a temporary home opens up more space at the shelter, giving more homeless pets a second chance at a new life!
Consumer and Safety Tips
Tips to make this holiday season more enjoyable.