Trees are essential to our health and the health of our environment. They provide oxygen and shade, control the temperature, serve as a habitat for wildlife and beautify the landscape.
While many trees have a similar structure - root, trunk, branches and leaves - they often have different needs. With proper care, a tree will grow healthy and strong and provide enjoyment for generations to come.
On the Miami-Dade County Trees site, you will learn about:
- Where to place and how to water and maintain your tree
- How to obtain two free native trees per year
- Tree care before and after a hurricane
- Landscape and tree regulations
- Various programs to increase the County's tree canopy
- Tree news & events