Strategic Planning and Development Section
9105 NW 25th St.
Doral, FL 33172
Captain: George Perera
The Strategic Planning and Development Section has the primary responsibility of performing special projects of departmental interest and impact, and providing comprehensive and quality assistance to municipal governments, other Miami-Dade County departments, and Miami-Dade Police Department elements to resolve issues, verify information, and submit requests for information, including issues relevant to departmental surveys, and incorporation and annexation.
The Section serves as a departmental resource and research body to assist in recommending and establishing best practices, and is comprised of five units:
- Unit of the Captains (research, analysis, and special projects)
- Municipal Services Unit (incorporation and annexation issues, and all aspects of contract policing)
- Special Projects Unit (Active Strategy and departmental surveys)
- Operations Unit (all aspects of administration, research, Developmental Impact Committee, and zoning issues)
- Grants Unit (seeks grant opportunities and applies for grants)