Plant a Tree
Why plant a tree?
- Trees Help Community Life:
Trees can add up to 15 percent to the value of your home by making neighborhoods more attractive, quieter and cooler.
- Trees Clean our Water and Air:
Miami-Dade's trees remove 5,425 tons of carbon from the air each year, improving air quality. Trees reduce storm water runoff by making the soil more absorbent.
- Trees Save Energy and Money:
Trees provide essential shade and if placed properly, they can reduce home cooling costs by 15-30 percent.
How You Can Help:
- Email us to receive information on our upcoming tree giveaways.
- Participate in the Adopt-A-Tree program.
- Plan your community's tree planting.
- Volunteer for other tree planting events.
- Register your tree planting.
If you have planted a tree, thank you! With every tree planted, you are contributing towards our goal of planting one million trees. This goal will achieve a 30 percent tree canopy for Miami-Dade County.
Trees are regulated in Miami-Dade. Learn the county's tree requirements for planting and removing trees.
Landscape Code & Tree Regulations