In our continued efforts to deliver "excellence", we operate the Landscape Agency of the Miami-Dade County Park, Recreation and Open Spaces Department. The Agency has been providing services to Miami-Dade County Departments since 1980 and has a long history of serving the County family. The types of services the agency provides can greatly reduce potential hurricane damage costs.
Sports Turf Management
With over 25 years of experience, the Landscape Agency has Certified Arborists and Certified Pest Control Applicators ready to assist with the following services:
- Tree Trimming/Tree Removal/Relocation
- Stump Removal
- Landscape Design, Installation & Renovation
- Plant Replacement
- Plant Rental for Special Events (indoor/outdoor)
- Coarse Aggregates (soil, sand, rocks, stones, etc.)
- Water Truck & Operator
- Ballfield/Turf Maintenance & Renovation
- Grounds Maintenance Services
- Pesticide Management & Control
Landscape & Trees
Right-of-Way Aesthetic & Assets Management Division (R.A.A.M.) provides a safe and aesthetically pleasing experience through landscape beautification and maintenance practices within parks, right-of-ways and open spaces. RAAM works in a collaborative effort to beautify and maintain a safe environment for motorists and pedestrians throughout County owned parks and right-of-ways to include landscape maintenance at Metrorail and Metromover stations and busways, County owned lots and properties.
Landscape Maintenance and Tree Services
- Roadway (Medians): Provides a routine landscape maintenance to 379 total median and traffic circle sites (approximately 265 miles) countywide.
- Roadside: Provides routine landscape maintenance to 1,823 total roadside sites (approximately 371 acres) countywide.
- Lot Clearing: Provides lot remediation services to privately owned lots.
- Right-of-Way and Parks Safety Tree Trimming/Removal / Mow Trim: Services include safety vertical clearance tree trimming of 16 feet over roadways and 10 feet over pedestrian walkways throughout County maintained Parks and Right-of-Ways for the removal of visual obstructions and hazardous tree conditions. This also includes the removal of any visual obstructions over traffic signals and signs. Additionally, services are also provided for hazardous tree removals for trees deemed effectively destroyed, as well as mow trim operation for encroachment areas and stump removals.
- Right-of-Way Tree Health: Services include the fertilization and supplemental watering of trees on our County’s Street Tree Inventory, throughout our County’s right-of-ways.
- County Wide Tree Planting: Services include site assessments and surveys throughout the County in order to discover new and/or replacement planting opportunities to be able to increase the street tree canopy coverage.
The Sports Turf Management and Landscape Division provides safe, playable, aesthetic pleasing fields, and sustainable landscaping services throughout 42 parks consisting of 100 acres and 110 athletic fields. In addition to serving Miami-Dade Parks, the Division provides landscaping services to Multipurpose Special Assessment District, and services to various County departments.