Pay & Compensation
County employees are paid on a biweekly basis. The amount of pay an employee receives is based on a variety of factors, including job classification and length of service. Long-term employees may be eligible for longevity pay and bonus awards.
As a convenience, employees can have their paychecks directly deposited into their checking account. Employees can view their current paycheck as well as all previous paychecks issued during the past 26 pay periods online. Included in paychecks are salary, pay exceptions, deductions, retroactive pay and applicable taxes.
If you have questions about your paycheck, contact your Department Personnel Representative.
Miami-Dade County offers you the convenience to sign up for direct deposit. There are many advantages to using direct deposit for your banking needs.
- Direct deposits typically are processed faster than paper checks, allowing you quicker access to your money.
- If you don't live near your bank or your schedule makes it difficult to run errands during the day, direct deposit is a convenient alternative to traditional banking.
- If you're concerned about the environment, you can rest easy knowing that direct deposits reduce the amount of paper required to process financial transactions.
- There are no checks to be lost or stolen.
- Payments reach your account the day the check is issued, even if you are out of town, sick or unable to get to your financial institution.
Sign up for direct deposit today! Just follow the instructions on the Direct Deposit Form.
Submit the completed form to:
FINANCE DEPARTMENT - PAYROLL
111 NW 1ST STREET SUITE 2620
MIAMI FL 33128-1980
The Compensation Section is responsible for reviewing and ensuring that County positions are properly classified, conducting departmental organizational studies and providing assistance and advice to departmental personnel representatives and employees on a variety of personnel and compensation-related issues.
- Bi-Weekly Pay Periods and County Employee Holidays
- Personnel and Payroll Reference
- Authorized Signatures
- Department Personnel Representative
- Example of a County paycheck
- Sick Leave Conversion Election Form
- Sick Leave Conversion Payment Request
- Deduction Authorization Request
- Special Earned Leave Pool Payroll Form
- Miami-Dade County Pay Plan
- Voucher Request