The Youth Commission was established for one sole purpose: to let your voice be heard. Be active, get involved and participate in the process of County government.
The responsibilities include:
- To foster increased youth involvement in County government.
- To study the problems and hold forums on issues, activities and concerns of youth.
- To comment on existing or proposed legislation, ordinances, resolutions and policies.
- To present methods to resolve youth-related conflicts between youth and adults.
- To recommend the implementation of community programs to improve the lives of youth.
- To work with other youth organizations in the County to collaborate on shared issues and interests.
- To submit to the Mayor and Board of County Commissioners an annual report.
- To participate in workshops.
- To meet with the official who appointed the Youth Commission member on a quarterly basis, or at the discretion of the appointing official.
Qualifications to Volunteer
Get involved with the Youth Commission.
- You must be 15-18 years of age at the time of appointment
- You must be in the 10 - 12th grade
- Have a minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in and the motivation to work for the community
- Have a background in community-based activities
- Must complete a full interview process.
The commission was established for one sole purpose: to let your voice be heard. Be active, get involved and participate.
Members and Officers
- Alvaro Perpuly, Chair, District 8
- Stefanie Kopetman, Vice-Chair, District 4
- Joaquin Peralta Bierman, Secretary, District 7
- Daniella Berrospi, Parliamentarian, District 6
- Ryan Campos, Historian, District 13
- Meia Chambers, District 1, Hialeah Miami Lakes Senior High School
- Stephen Kelly, District 1, Barbara Goleman Senior High
- Jean Baptiste Vilton, District 2, North Miami Beach Senior High School
- Lastarra K. Anderson, District 2, Miami Central Senior High School
- Nikki Jagid, District 3, Ransom Everglades High School
- Marcus Williams, District 3, Miami Edison Senior High School
- Stephanie Kopetman, District 4, School for Advanced Studies
- Rita Nicole Vega, District 4, School for Advanced Studies
- Vacant, District 5
- Vacant, District 5
- Daniella Berrospi, District 6, Coral Gables Senior High School
- Alenadra Condori, District 6, School for Advanced Studies
- Sofia Alvarado, District 7, Coral Reef Senior High School
- Joaquin Peralta Bierman, District 7, Coral Gables Senior High School
- Alvaro Peruly, District 8, Coral Reef Senior High School
- Sean K. Greene, District 8, Coral Reef Senior High School
- William Joseph Garcia, District 9, Coral Reef Senior High School
- Aynsley Sumpter, District 9, Robert Morgan Educational Center
- Vacant, District 10
- Vacant, District 10
- Gabriel Gonzalez, District 11, Terra Environmental Research Institute
- Victor J. Ramirez, District 11, School for Advanced Studies
- Mario Del Rio, District 12, Jose Marti MAST 6-12 Academy
- Elizabeth Gonzalez, District 12, Miami Lakes Educational Center
- Ryan Campos, District 13, Barbara Goleman Senior High School
- Debbie Perez, District 13, Barbara Goleman Senior High School
- Valeria Bula, Miami-Dade County Mayor
- Javier Pedraza-Mena, Miami-Dade County Mayor
- Rojina Kheimehdooz, Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts
- Luis Garcia-Sarabia, Agenda Coordinator
- Josh Rios, Miami Dade County Public Schools
- Sherifa Ali, District 3, School for Advanced Studies-Wolfson
- Carina Eileen Landgrah, District 8, School for Advanced Studies
- Erich Valerdi, District 13, Barbara Goleman Senior High School
- Maria Estrada, District 5, Coral Gables Senior High School
- Nicholas Mesa, District 8, Coral Reef Senior High School
Miami-Dade Youth Commission
275 NW 2nd Street, Suite 201
Miami, FL 33128
The Miami-Dade County Youth Commission was created by County Ordinance in 2011 as part of the vision of Commissioner Barbara J. Jordan, District 1. Its purpose is to provide young people with a vehicle to participate in the process of County government. Motivated students from each Commission district represent and articulate the needs of youth in Miami-Dade County and advise the Mayor and Board of County Commissioners of matters affecting the youth population.