Housing Affordability Tracker
As a part of Mayor Daniella Levine Cava's Building Blocks Housing Summit, the Department of Public Housing and Community Development and The University of Miami Office of Civic and Community Engagement partnered to create the Housing Affordability Tracker. The tool is meant to monitor progress toward the Mayor's ambitious goal of 18,000 new and rehabilitated affordable/workforce housing units. These units, all intended to be in financial closing by the end of 2023, are a key component of Mayor Cava's Building Blocks for Housing Affordability Program.
- Planning Stage: Planning for the development is underway by the County and/or developer. Site control has been secured
- Request for Proposal (RFP): A formal written solicitation issued by the County for the purpose of seeking response(s) from prospective developers. A development is in this stage if the RFP is in draft form, has been issued to developers, or is in negotiations or approval process
- Pre-Development: Pre-Construction activities are underway, which may include environmental assessment, project design, and identification of financing for the development
- Under Construction: Construction activities are underway
- Construction Completed: Construction activities completed
We manage more than 8,000 public housing apartments and provide financial help through the federal Section 8 program to more than 18,000 families.
Our support services include assisted living facilities for the elderly and self-sufficiency programs for our tenants.
We rely on federal and state grant programs to fund our programs. We work closely with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) on our public housing and, with the State of Florida, the development of affordable housing.