Limousine Service License
Important Message: Please be advised that the Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division will restart operations on Monday, June 1, 2020. For your safety and that of our employees, we have established new hours of operation and inspection procedures in accordance with the County’s Covid-19 regulations and guidelines. These changes include:
- The chauffeur licensing unit will receive customers Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Customers must always sanitize hands upon entering the building and wear facial coverings while at the office. Social distance should always also be maintained while visiting the office.
- Renewal of Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) Certificates will resume and will be extended until July 31, 2020. However, you will have to make an appointment in order to renew in person. We strongly encourage renewal by mail. Once approved, your operating permit decals will be sent to you via certified mail. If you prefer to make an appointment, please contact Pedro Orelle or Benson Thomas.
- The Inspection Station will receive customers Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. However, if you are placing a new vehicle in service or replacing your current vehicle, you will have to bring the vehicle for inspection before 1 p.m. Please note that you will be required to stay inside your vehicle during the inspection. Also, you must wear facial coverings during the entire inspection.
- Please make sure that you have with you a copy of the vehicle registration and insurance certificate.
We look forward to serving you again. For customer service information, please call 786-469-2300.
Miami-Dade County regulates for-hire limousines on a countywide basis under Chapter 31, Article VI of the County Code. Limousines are not equipped with meters and are dispatched from one central business location. Service must be pre-arranged a minimum of one hour in advance of the transportation to be provided.
Limousine categories are luxury sedan, stretch, super-stretch, antique, ancient and collectible. The drivers must have a for-hire chauffeur registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
All entities providing limousine service are required to have a for-hire license and each vehicle must have an operating permit.
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Mail / Email
- Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Vehicle Inspection Station
2615 NW 10 Avenue
Miami FL 33127