Limousine Service License
Important message: The following measures are being implemented as a direct response to COVID-19.
- Annual limousine renewal which usually takes place in April has been postponed until further notice. In the meantime, companies will be allowed to operate with the current operating permit decal which expires on April 30, 2020.
- Annual Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) renewals have been extended until June 30, 2020. In the meantime, operators will be allowed to continue using their current permit decal which expires on March 31, 2020.
- Vehicle inspections have been extended for 60 days and no enforcement action will be taken for expired inspection.
- PTRD’s inspection station facility and the main downtown office are presently closed until further notice.
- Drivers whose chauffeur registrations expire during this period will be allowed to operate with their current license.
- No late fees will be imposed for expired inspection or chauffeur registration.
Miami-Dade County regulates for-hire limousines on a countywide basis under Chapter 31, Article VI of the County Code. Limousines are not equipped with meters and are dispatched from one central business location. Service must be pre-arranged a minimum of one hour in advance of the transportation to be provided.
Limousine categories are luxury sedan, stretch, super-stretch, antique, ancient and collectible. The drivers must have a for-hire chauffeur registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
All entities providing limousine service are required to have a for-hire license and each vehicle must have an operating permit.
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Mail / Email
- Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Vehicle Inspection Station
2615 NW 10 Avenue
Miami FL 33127