Limousine Service License
Important Message: The Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division (PTRD) restarted operations on Monday, June 1. For the safety of our customers and employees, we have established new inspection procedures in accordance with the County's Covid-19 regulations and guidelines.
These changes include:
- The chauffeur licensing unit is now open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Customers must always sanitize hands upon entering the building and wear facial coverings while at the office. Social distance should always also be maintained while visiting the office.
- We strongly encourage renewal by mail of Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) Certificates. Once approved, your operating permit decals will be sent to you via certified mail.
- To renew a PMC or STS Certificate in person, you will need to make an appointment. Please contact Mr. Pedro Orelle at [email protected] or Mr. Benson Thomas at [email protected] for an appointment.
- The vehicles inspection station is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. However, if you are placing a new vehicle in service or replacing your current vehicle, you will need to bring the vehicle for inspection before 1 p.m.
- Please note that you will be required to stay inside your vehicle during the inspection. Also, you must wear a facial covering during the entire inspection process.
- Make sure to bring a copy of the vehicle registration and insurance certificate.
For customer service information, call 786-469-2300.
Miami-Dade County regulates for-hire limousines on a countywide basis under Chapter 31, Article VI of the County Code. Limousines are not equipped with meters and are dispatched from one central business location. Service must be pre-arranged a minimum of one hour in advance of the transportation to be provided.
Limousine categories are luxury sedan, stretch, super-stretch, antique, ancient and collectible. The drivers must have a for-hire chauffeur registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
All entities providing limousine service are required to have a for-hire license and each vehicle must have an operating permit.
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Mail / Email
- Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Vehicle Inspection Station
2615 NW 10 Avenue
Miami FL 33127