Special Transportation Service (STS) Certificate
Important message: The following measures are being implemented as a direct response to COVID-19.
- Annual limousine renewal which usually takes place in April has been postponed until further notice. In the meantime, companies will be allowed to operate with the current operating permit decal which expires on April 30, 2020.
- Annual Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) renewals have been extended until June 30, 2020. In the meantime, operators will be allowed to continue using their current permit decal which expires on March 31, 2020.
- Vehicle inspections have been extended for 60 days and no enforcement action will be taken for expired inspection.
- PTRD’s inspection station facility and the main downtown office are presently closed until further notice.
- Drivers whose chauffeur registrations expire during this period will be allowed to operate with their current license.
- No late fees will be imposed for expired inspection or chauffeur registration.
The drivers of such vehicles must have a chauffeur's registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
The main beneficiaries of this service are passengers with disabilities, including non-ambulatory individuals who use wheelchairs, or individuals who are eligible for Medicaid.
The contract is administered by the Miami-Dade Transit Agency.