Special Transportation Service (STS) Certificate
Important Message: The Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division (PTRD) restarted operations on Monday, June 1. For the safety of our customers and employees, we have established new inspection procedures in accordance with the County's Covid-19 regulations and guidelines.
These changes include:
- The chauffeur licensing unit is now open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Customers must always sanitize hands upon entering the building and wear facial coverings while at the office. Social distance should always also be maintained while visiting the office.
- We strongly encourage renewal by mail of Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) Certificates. Once approved, your operating permit decals will be sent to you via certified mail.
- To renew a PMC or STS Certificate in person, you will need to make an appointment. Please contact Mr. Pedro Orelle at Pedro.Orelle@miamidade.gov or Mr. Benson Thomas at Benson.Thomas@miamidade.gov for an appointment.
- The vehicles inspection station is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. However, if you are placing a new vehicle in service or replacing your current vehicle, you will need to bring the vehicle for inspection before 1 p.m.
- Please note that you will be required to stay inside your vehicle during the inspection. Also, you must wear a facial covering during the entire inspection process.
- Make sure to bring a copy of the vehicle registration and insurance certificate.
For customer service information, call 786-469-2300.
The drivers of such vehicles must have a chauffeur's registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
The main beneficiaries of this service are passengers with disabilities, including non-ambulatory individuals who use wheelchairs, or individuals who are eligible for Medicaid.
The contract is administered by the Miami-Dade Transit Agency.