Passenger Motor Carrier Certificate
Important Message: The Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division (PTRD) restarted operations on Monday, June 1. For the safety of our customers and employees, we have established new inspection procedures in accordance with the County's Covid-19 regulations and guidelines.
These changes include:
- The chauffeur licensing unit is now open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Customers must always sanitize hands upon entering the building and wear facial coverings while at the office. Social distance should always also be maintained while visiting the office.
- We strongly encourage renewal by mail of Passenger Motor Carrier (PMC) and Special Transportation Services (STS) Certificates. Once approved, your operating permit decals will be sent to you via certified mail.
- To renew a PMC or STS Certificate in person, you will need to make an appointment. Please contact Mr. Pedro Orelle at Pedro.Orelle@miamidade.gov or Mr. Benson Thomas at Benson.Thomas@miamidade.gov for an appointment.
- The vehicles inspection station is open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. However, if you are placing a new vehicle in service or replacing your current vehicle, you will need to bring the vehicle for inspection before 1 p.m.
- Please note that you will be required to stay inside your vehicle during the inspection. Also, you must wear a facial covering during the entire inspection process.
- Make sure to bring a copy of the vehicle registration and insurance certificate.
For customer service information, call 786-469-2300.
Anyone wishing to provide passenger motor carrier services to first obtain a certificate of transportation. Passenger motor carrier service is generally prearranged transportation using vehicles with a seating capacity of between 9 and 28 passengers, not including the driver. Passenger motor carrier vehicles are vans and minibuses.
There are four classes of certificates which can be applied for under this type of transportation:
- contract carrier
- charter service
- special operations
The drivers must have a for-hire chauffeur registration, and the vehicles must be inspected.
Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Mail / Email
- Passenger Transportation Regulatory Division
Vehicle Inspection Station
2615 NW 10 Avenue
Miami FL 33127