There is an increase of cars on the roads during the start of the back-to-school season in August and September. In order to help alleviate some of that traffic (and the unwanted headaches of being locked in highway stand-stills), the Department of Transportation and Public Works (DTPW) wants to invite YOU to try transit. And we’re making it very easy to do.
Over the next two months, along with participating local businesses and organizations, the Department will give away EASY Cards pre-loaded with a 7-Day Pass. Participants will receive a free EASY Card (ordinarily a $2 cost) that comes pre-loaded with the 7-Day Pass (a $29.25 value), which will be valid for seven consecutive days after first use. Just tap it on a farebox and you’re good to ride.
What that means for you is that you’ll have seven days of hopping on and off any of our Metrobus or Metrorail services. Unlimited rides, all day long.
A full list of participating partners is below:
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
- Passes will be available (while supplies last) at various events at the Arsht Center.
- Passes will be available at the Dadeland Mall location (while supplies last).
- Cox Media Group Stations (93.1 FM/105.1 FM) – On-air radio promotions.
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Details coming soon.
- iHeart Radio
- iHeart Radio will be handing out passes at various events around town.
- Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces
- Passes will be available at select summer camps.
- Miami-Dade Public Library System
- Passes will be available at select MDPLS events.
- Next Level Barbershop
- Promo details in store.
- Pinecrest Bakery
- Enter to win with a minimum purchase of $50.
- SBS Broadcasting (92.3 FM and 95.7 FM)
- On-air radio promotions.
- Shorty's BBQ (All passes from this retailer have already been claimed)
- Spend $30 or more to receive a free EASY Card.
- Smoothie King Doral
- Sat. and Sun. - Aug. 24 & 25. Minimum $10 purchase. At the Doral location only. While supplies last.
- South Florida Commuter Services
- Visit Try Transit Free for details on how to receive a pass during the month of August.
- Target (All passes from this retailer have already been claimed)
- Passes will be distributed to the first 100 customers on Saturday, August 17 at each of the following locations.
- WSRF 1580 AM (Creole) – On-air radio promotions
Each partner will distribute passes in their own unique way. Please visit their individual websites for more details on their EASY Card contests.
The information provided in this page is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. Free EASY Cards are available while supplies last.Learn more about EASY Card