Do your streets need some green?
Applications are now being accepted for the Street Tree Matching Grant where grantees can receive up to $50,000.
The Street Tree Matching Grant is funded by Miami-Dade County and engages municipalities, non-profits and community organizations in planting native or Florida-friendly trees. Applicants are encouraged to consider comprehensive approach to tree planting that includes maintenance and outreach plans.
Grant applications are evaluated with the following:
- Preference will be given to areas with low-to-moderate income populations and/or with 20 percent or less tree canopy
- Impact (diversity of tree species, number of trees)
- Maintenance Plan (short-term and long-term)
- Enhancements (such as shading a bus stop or a gateway feature)
- Ability to implement project by deadline
- Match (availability of funds)
- Community outreach component (plan to engage public for approval of project; social media plan)
- Entering into Interlocal Agreement for periodic reporting of tree planting by January 31, 2019
This grant aims to help the Million Trees Miami campaign, which is a community-wide effort to plant one million trees by 2020 in order to achieve a 30 percent tree canopy cover for Miami-Dade County.
Submission deadline is Nov. 15. For more information, call 305-755-7849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for the Street Tree Matching Grant