11500 NW 25th St.
Miami, FL 33172
Major: Vanessa Holden
The Miami-Dade Police Department's Communications Bureau is the busiest public safety answering point (911 Center) in the southeastern United States. The Bureau comprises over 200 budgeted positions consisting of:
- Police complaint officers (call takers).
- Police dispatchers.
- Police records specialists.
- Police supervisory personnel.
- Administrative support staff.
The Communications Bureau maintains a sufficient staffing level of Police Complaint Officers, including bilingual staff assigned to all shifts, with access to interpreter services at all times. Police Complaint Officers are trained in crisis and suicide intervention, and certified in Emergency Medical Dispatch protocols and CPR. The Bureau processes 911 calls in the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County and 29 municipalities. An annual average of over two million calls for service are handled, over 60 percent of which are 911 calls. Additionally, there are six municipal public safety answering points in Miami-Dade County. The following links will take you out of the Miami-Dade Police website:
- Coral Gables Police Department - 305-442-1600
- City of Aventura Police Department - 305-466-8966
- City of Miami Police Department - 305-579-6111
- Hialeah Police Department - 305-687-2525
- Miami Beach Police Department - 305-673-7900
- Village of Pinecrest Police Department - 305-234-2100
The Communications Bureau is committed to providing excellence in public safety telecommunication service to the community we serve. We will continue to explore opportunities to advance technology to meet the changing needs of the future.