Skip to Primary Content

Welcome to the new version of Miami-Dade County's website. We'd love your feedback.

Request Public Records from Transportation and Public Works

The Document Management Unit (DMU) processes all public records requests received by the department.

Your public records request should be submitted in writing and mailed or emailed to our office. This will help streamline processing, ensure accuracy and track progress.

Because of secuity concerns, all Miami-Dade facility plans and records requests must be approved by the Miami-Dade Police Department. Use this form to Request Release of Building Plans and Records.

Within 5 business days of receiving your request, we will send you a response letting you know how long it will take to process your request, estimate how much it will cost, or that we do not have the records.

  • Regulation & Compliance

    Public Records

    Under state law, all government records “Shall be open for personal inspection by any person.” Citation - Chapter 119

    Fees Charged to the Public for Examining and Duplicating Records

    This Administrative Order provides guidelines on service fees and the procedure for departments to establish service fee rates. Citation - AO 4-48

    Records Management Program

    This Administrative Order outlines the procedures and responsibilities for record inventories, retention schedules, storage and filing. Citation - AO 7-24

    Emails are public records

    If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send us electronic mail. Citation - Florida Statute 668.6076

Email / Mail

Transportation & Public Works
Alice N. Bravo, P.E., Director

Overtown Transit Village North
701 NW 1st Court, Miami, FL 33136

Contact Us | About Us

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.