Get up to 15 percent off a 1-month transit pass with group discounts.
More than 190 employers in Miami-Dade County offer this great benefit to their employees, including the University of Miami, Baptist Health Trust, Intercontinental Hotel, and Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Over 9,000 employees are now enrolled.
Group Discounts & Benefits
The regular price of a 1-month pass on an EASY Card is $112.50 per month.
Through the Corporate Discount Program, groups of four to 99 employees are eligible to purchase passes for $101.25.
Groups of 100 or more pay only $95.65 per monthly pass.
- Monthly transit group discount
- Savings on commuting costs
- Stress-free commute
- Free emergency taxi rides home*
- EASY Card protected against loss or theft
Transit riders can get up to six free taxi rides a year by registering with the Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH), available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Valid only during a personal emergency or if one is required to work unscheduled overtime. For more information, or to request a registration form, call 1-800-234-RIDE.
- Employee recruitment and retention enhancement
- Improved productivity
- Additional benefits include more parking spaces for customers, less car congestion around businesses, and more savings on commuting costs for employees.
- Public and Private Companies
- Government Agencies
- Non-Profit Organizations
EASY Cards have a 20-year lifespan; however, if an EASY Card has been inactive for 12 continuous months (it has not been used for transit or reloaded), the card will be systematically disabled. To ensure continuous service, please ensure the EASY Card is used within 12 months of purchase, and at least once every 12 months thereafter.
Interested companies must be authorized to conduct business in the State of Florida and their Corporate Filings must be current with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
A W-9 Form must be provided and its information, including the tax identification number, must match the filing.
Three Ways to Participate
1. The employee pays for the entire cost of monthly transit with pre-tax set/set-aside dollars of their salary.
- There is no income tax on these set-aside dollars. It's a tax-free transit benefit that employees can obtain through their employers.
- The set-aside dollar amount is also reflected as a reduction of taxable salary, so employees pay less income tax.
2. The employer pays for the entire cost of monthly transit through a tax-deductible subsidy.
- The employer receives an equivalent federal income tax deduction.
- Employees do not have to report this option as taxable income because it is considered a fringe benefit.
3. The employer and employee share the cost of monthly transit, both paying for it with pre-tax dollars.
- The employer saves on payroll taxes; the employee doesn't pay income tax on the set-aside dollar amount.