Street Tree Matching Grant
In an attempt to reach the Million Trees Miami goal of planting one million trees to achieve a 30 percent tree canopy for Miami-Dade County, Neat Streets Miami created the Street Tree Matching Grant. Funded by Miami-Dade County, this grant engages municipalities, agencies, non-profits, foundations, and community groups in planting native or Florida-friendly trees on streets, including corridors, gateways, bus stops, and connections to schools and parks.
The goal of this program is to leverage the County's street tree program by encouraging investments on County or local streets.
Grants of $5,000 to $50,000 will be awarded to applicants that can demonstrate the greatest benefits for residents, employers and visitors, and are able to provide a stewardship plan to help secure our joint investment.
Grant applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- Existing Tree Canopy and Income Level
- Maintenance Plan
- Project Enhancements
- Community Outreach
- Grant announcement: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - apply now
- Grant info webinar*: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 10 a.m.
- Application deadline: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Award announcements: Friday, January 17, 2020
- Planting deadline: Friday, July 17, 2020
- Final report deadline: Friday, July 31, 2020
For more information or questions, email email@example.com or call 305-755-7849.