Street Tree Matching Grant
In an attempt to reach the Million Trees Miami goal of one million trees to achieve a 30 percent tree canopy for Miami-Dade County, Neat Streets Miami's Street Tree Matching Grant program is now in its fourth year. Funded by Miami-Dade County, this grant engages municipalities, non-profits and community organizations in planting native or Florida-friendly trees on the County's corridors and gateways.
The goal of this program is to leverage the County's street tree program by encouraging investments on County or local streets.
Grants of $5,000 to $40,000 will be awarded to those communities who can demonstrate the greatest benefits for residents, employers and visitors, and are able to provide a stewardship plan for our joint investment.
Eligible candidates include municipalities, non-profits, and community organizations. Grant applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to areas with low-to-moderate income populations and/or with 20 percent or less tree canopy.
- Impact (diversity of tree species, number of trees).
- Maintenance Plan (short-term and long-term).
- Enhancements (such as shading a bus stop or a gateway feature).
- Ability to implement project by deadline.
- Match (availability of funds).
- Community outreach component (plan to engage public for approval of project; social media plan).
- Entering into Interlocal Agreement for periodic reporting of tree planting by January 31, 2019.
- For more details, please refer to the Grant Selection Criteria below.
- Grant announcement: Nov. 5, 2018.
- Grant info webinar: Nov. 20, 2018, 1 p.m.
- Grant info webinar*: Dec. 6, 2018, 10 a.m.
- Application deadline: Jan. 31, 2019.
- Award announcements: March 8, 2019.
- Planting by July 26, 2019.
- Final report by Aug. 16, 2019.
*The Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018 informational webinar will take place at 10 a.m. Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, and call +1 872-240-3311 (access code 587-984-269) using phone.
For more information or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-755-7849.