Governing Legislation for Architectural & Engineering Contracts
- Florida State Statute 287.055
- Administrative Order 3-39
- Miami-Dade County Code Chapter 2, Section 2-l0.4
In 2016, the Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution No. R-414-16, creating the Professional Services Task Force in order to:
- Offer recommendations for improvement of existing legislation to achieve a more equitable distribution of County contracts, all consistent with the intent and the requirements of the Consultants’ Competitive Negotiation Act (CCNA).
- Evaluate the existing local preference and the possibility of creating a locally headquartered preference for professional firms, defining the thresholds and other parameters of such proposed enactments.
- Evaluate the efficacy of the County’s local preference program.
- Make recommendations concerning alternative methods of identifying local businesses.
- Consider and evaluate comparable models for the procurement and contracting of professional services.
Strategic ProcurementNamita Uppal
Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1st Street,
Miami, FL 33128
305-375-5773 | [email protected]