Before a Hurricane
It's important to discuss your family emergency plan ahead of time. Your family may not be together when a disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together and what to do in case of an emergency.
311 Contact Center
Call 311 for questions regarding County services and information, and to report problems like price gouging, and downed traffic signs, signals or street lights.
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- More Contact Information
Online / Mobile Apps
- Report a Problem (311)
- Sign up for Alerts
- Evacuation Orders (Interactive Map)
- Storm Surge Planning Zone (Interactive Map)
- Open Evacuation Centers (Interactive Map)
- Emergency Bus Pick-up Sites (Interactive Map)
- Download Ready MDC App (for Android)
- Download Ready MDC App. (for iOS)
- Report Power Outage (FPL)
The Office of Emergency Management plans and prepares for emergencies by coordinating activities with County departments, municipalities, non-profit social service and medical care agencies, businesses, residents and visitors by educating about preparedness, coordinating emergency response and recovery, and delivering emergency information.