Christina White - Supervisor of Elections
Christina White has dedicated her career to public service. She has worked for Miami-Dade County government since 2003, and with the Elections Department in multiple leadership capacities since 2006.
In 2015, the Mayor of Miami-Dade County appointed White as Supervisor of Elections, where she oversees the largest elections operation in the state of Florida and seventh in the nation.
This includes administering more than 30 federal, state, and municipal elections annually, serving more than 1.5 million registered voters, processing 500,000 mail-in ballots, managing up to 33 early voting locations and 1,000 precincts on Election Day for countywide elections.
With 16 years of election administration experience, Supervisor White has administered more than 300 municipal elections, 31 countywide elections, hundreds of post-election manual audits, dozens of recounts, and implemented two new voting systems.
Supervisor White's mission is to conduct elections that are fair, accurate, transparent, and accessible for all voters of Miami-Dade County, and she prides herself on personal accessibility throughout the community to ensure voters receive trusted election information.
Supervisor White manages a staff of 122 full-time employees, up to 1,500 temporary employees and 5,500 poll workers with an annual operating budget of $36 million.
Supervisor White serves as a member of the Florida Supervisors of Elections' Association. She is currently Vice-Chair of the Canvassing Board Training Workshop and committee member of the Cybersecurity Task Force.
Supervisor White holds a bachelor's degree from Florida International University and is currently pursuing the Certification for Elections and Registration Administrators through the Election Center and Auburn University.
- Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners - outstanding service and preparation for the 2016 Presidential Election
- Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners - maintaining the highest level of professionalism and demonstrating excellence during three statewide recounts in the 2018 General Election
- Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners - tireless commitment during the COVID-19 pandemic while maintaining trust and confidence in the electoral process for all voters in the 2020 Presidential Election
- In the Company of Women Award Recipient, 2021
- Miami-Dade Mayor and Board of County Commissioners - distinguished Department Director who inspires young women, 2022