Housing Advocacy Action Committee
The Housing Advocacy Action Committee locates resources and develops strategies to implement solutions that improve housing conditions and promote homeownership for low-to-moderate income residents and in underserved neighborhoods.
The purpose of the MDEAT Housing Advocacy Committee is to discuss issues that impact affordable housing and affordable housing availability in Miami-Dade and come up with solutions.
Individuals representing mortgage lenders, real estate professionals, housing development, title agent and attorneys, housing counseling agencies and other subsidy program providers engage in problem solving sessions and work groups to identify and implement strategies to address the barriers affecting affordable housing needs of low-to-moderate income families and housing supply vs. demand issues and alternatives.
The Housing Advocacy Committee typically meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of January, April, July and October. View the calendar for meetings and events.
- Carol Hindsman
- Cheryl Mizell
- Dr. Tisa McGhee
- Elbert Waters
- Erbira "Erbi" Blanco-True
- Hannibal Burton
- James Bunyan - Housing Advocacy Committee Chairperson
- Julio Piti
- Katrina Wright - Economic Development Action Committee Vice Chairperson
- Khaled Salahuddin, First Vice Chairperson/Youth Action Committee Chairperson
- Lonnie Lawrence
- Michelle LaPiana
- Rennatta Delgado
- Sheldon Edwards – Chairperson/Economic Development Action Committee Chairperson