If a particular commercial establishment supports multiple business lines, only those permitted to operate may be opened in any particular phase. Points in bold MUST be followed; other recommendations are strongly suggested. While designated businesses will be permitted to open, they are not required to open.
As you prepare to reopen your establishment, please consider these examples of general safeguarding guidelines for reopening. All guidelines are categorized by workforce protection measures, employee protection measures, non-employee (or customer) protection measures, business process adaptations, employer-led public health interventions and industry-wide safeguards.
These protocols were developed by the hotel industry to guide lodging and accommodation facilities of all sizes.
- Guests and employees must follow the social distancing and facial covering and personal protection equipment (PPE) guidelines as defined by our Emergency Orders, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and consistent with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other regulatory guidelines:
- Gatherings of fewer than 10 people; convention and meeting spaces follow social distancing guidelines as noted in the section covering these spaces below
- Six-foot distance between people, other than family members
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer often
- Staff and guests must wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers the nose and the mouth as required by Emergency Order (EO) 20-20. Facial coverings must be worn by guests in common areas in the interior of the facility and in common areas in the exterior of the facility where social distancing cannot be achieved. Staff must wear facial coverings at all times inside the facility and in common areas outside the facility
- Until further notice no pets will be allowed in any guest rooms at any hotel other than a service animal as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act –"any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability"