If your commercial property or multi-unit residential building needs an inspection you can schedule an inspection online. Inspections are required to ensure that code, laws, rules or regulations are being enforced to keep the public safe.
All inspection requests must have an MDC Permit, Fire Application, or Fire Municipal number. Required information must be entered in order to schedule an inspection.
- MDC Permit #
- Ex: 2007000019
- Fire Application #
- Ex: 073360000002000
- Fire Municipal #
- Ex: 2008000122
Fire Inspection Request
- Inspections must be scheduled the day prior to the inspection before 4:00 p.m.
- Inspections may be cancelled if re-inspection fees are due from prior inspections.
- Cancellations must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. of the same day of inspection request. All cancellations after 4:00 p.m. will result in an automatic re-inspection fee.
Special Request Inspections (SRI)
- Weekday Special Request Inspection must be requested before 1:00 p.m. for same day inspections.
- Weekend Special Request Inspection must be requested by Friday before 1:00 p.m.
- Enter Miami-Dade County fire permit number or fire municipal number (incorporated municipalities) and select the applicable button for your request or inquiry.
If you are a property owner, check your fire inspection status by entering your permit number into the online application the Routes and Results application, select the date and search. A list will display all the inspections that will be performed that day by the given inspector. Your permit number will be highlighted indicating where you are in the inspector's route and the order that the inspections will be performed.
- To view the comments on the inspection, press on the permit number.
- Inspector's routes are being reordered during the hours of 7 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Please verify the order of inspection after 8:15 a.m.
- If you cannot find your inspection on the list after 8:15 a.m. the inspection is not scheduled for this day.
Fire Inspection Fees
Fees related to fire inspections, plans review activities and the establishment of emergency vehicle zones may be paid online with credit card or check.
You will need to enter a Miami-Dade County Permit or Fire Municipal Number in order to pay for your inspection.
Fees vary depending upon the nature of the work being done. For a complete list of fees, see Implementing Order No.: IO 4-123.