The Adopt-a-Tree program provides Miami-Dade County single-family and duplex homeowners with up to two free trees every year. Almost 225,500 trees have been adopted since the program's inception in 2001.
The first Adopt-A-Tree event of the season took place on Sunday, June 12 at Miami Dade College North Campus, and we thank the college for hosting such a successful event and the homeowners who turned out to adopt almost 2,000 trees.
Our second Adopt-A-Tree event of the season took place on Saturday, July 16 at Florida International University’s (FIU) Modesto A. Maidique Campus, and we thank FIU and its phenomenal staff for hosting such a successful event and the homeowners who turned out to adopt almost 2,400 trees.
The 2022 Adopt-a-Tree season concluded on Saturday, September 24, with the third Adopt-a-Tree event of the season at the Dennis C. Moss Cultural Arts Center. We thank the Moss Center and its wonderful staff for hosting such a successful event and the homeowners who turned out to adopt almost 2,250 trees.
Thank you for participating in the 2022 Adopt-a-Tree season. Please sign up for email updates to be notified of future events.
Planting a tree provides many benefits:
- Reduces air-conditioning costs by providing shade
- Improves a home's appearance, which can help to increase a property's real estate value
- Provides a natural habitat for wildlife
- Reduces flooding by absorbing excess rainwater and increasing infiltration
- Removes significant amounts of carbon dioxide from the air, which reduces the impact on climate change