Baynanza student design and photography contests
Miami-Dade County and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens invites Miami-Dade County college and university students to participate in three student-design contests and a photography contest that is open to all.
Helpful shopping safety tips to keep you protected
Stay alert while you are out shopping. Here are some safety tips to keep you and your belongings from harm.
Grants available for Census outreach and education
Miami-Dade County will provide grants to community-based organizations to conduct outreach and education to provide information about the 2020 Census to communities within Miami-Dade County that have been identified as likely be undercounted in the 2020 Census.
Volunteer to restore endangered lands
Help clean environmentally-endangered lands and bring them back to life. Collectively, we can make Miami-Dade County greener.
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.