Clean your coast on National Coastal Cleanup Day - Sept. 21
Join the Baynanza community to pick up litter and make the coast a clean, pristine area again. Pack a picnic, bring the family and make a day of it.
Learn about incentives for building workforce housing at monthly workshops
The Miami-Dade County Workforce Housing Development Program provides density bonuses and other incentives for the development of workforce housing. Attend one of the monthly workshops to learn more.
Next Small Claims Court presentation is Oct. 10
Free sessions are being conducted throughout Miami-Dade County on how to file in Small Claims Court.
Hurricane Irma voluntary home buyout program
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s Office of Disaster Recovery recently created a grant program called the Hurricane Irma Voluntary Home Buyout Program for residents of Miami-Dade County.
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and sustainability initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.