The Adopt-a-Tree program provides Miami-Dade single-family and duplex homeowners with two free trees every year. More than 200,000 trees have been adopted since the program's inception in 2001.
The 2019 Adopt-a-Tree events were extremely successful with over 7,500 trees adopted. We look forward adopting out more trees next year. Register to receive email updates on future Adopt-a-Tree events in 2020.
Planting a tree provides many benefits:
- Reduces air-conditioning costs by providing shade
- Improves a home's appearance, which can help to increase a property's real estate value
- Provides a natural habitat for wildlife
- Lessens flooding by absorbing excess rain water
- Removes significant amounts of carbon dioxide from the air, which reduces the impact on climate change