Paint and Hurricane Shutter Assistance
This program can assist you with exterior painting or accordion hurricane shuttering of your home.
Participation in the program is subject to available funds, and subject to change without notice. Loans will be provided based on a first-come, first-served basis.
A lien will be placed on the home for five years, if you are applying for one program (painting or hurricane shutters) and 10 years for both services. The lien depreciates at 20 percent if the forgivable loan is attained for five years, and 10 percent if the forgivable loan is attained for 10 years.
Due to limited funding there are varying waiting periods for this program.
Applicant is required to:
- Own and occupy a single-family detached home. Apartments, duplexes, studios and mobile homes are not eligible.
- Have low to moderate total household income.
- Not own other investment properties.
- Submit proof of homeownership, income, identification and a social security card.
- Submit property taxes in paid status.
- Provide current mortgage statement.
- Provide current electric or water bill statement.
- If retired, submit a copy of 2017 social security award letter and retirement.
- Provide a copy of your 2017 tax return.
- Submit one full month of pay stubs for all household members living in the home.
Number of people in the household and maximum income limit*
- 1, $15,075
- 2, $20,300
- 3, $25,525
- 4, $30,750
- 5, $35,975
- 6, $41,200
- 7, $46,425
- 8, $51,650
For each additional household member with more than 8 people, add $5,225.
*Effective October 2017.
Apply in-person or by mail.